23.1.13

THE CROP TOP

I thought I'd do a post about a current (for the past few months) favourite basic in my wardrobe.. the crop top!! I'm afraid that I have one in every possible colour and now sleeve length! Ooops, and even in this weather they are a great staple as I've been layering long sleeve crops over shirts paired with high waisted bottoms such as skater skirts and shorts (obviously with tights now it's -3) haha!!

Anyway I got my lovely best friend to model these for me as I needed to take some photos for a project I am working on! I really need to find someone to take pictures of me for my blog or invest in a tripod unfortunately my family are never willing or around when I ask them too. 


From day..











To night..







Day outfit.. Coat £35 River Island | Fur Collar £3 River Island | Trousers £64 American Apparel | Top £10 Topshop | Hat £5 Ebay | Shoes £80 Topshop | Bag £50 Zara

Night outfit.. Blazer £20 Topshop | Trousers £50 American Apparel | Top £10 Topshop | Clutch £6 Primark | Hat £15 Zara | Shoes £125 Jeffrey Campbell

It's weird seeing someone dressed in your clothes and how you'd normally dress haha! I actually got the AA disco pants when I went to America last June so managed to get them brand new for around £50 as I gave up bidding for endless pairs on ebay but didn't want to stretch to £70 for a pair haha! The easy jeans I bought a few months back when asos had 20% off and I've not taken them off since!! (Slight exaggeration but seriously if you're not usually a fan of jeans like me, they definitely don't disappoint)

24 comments:

  1. I love both outfits, the white blazer is so gorgeous :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those JC's are fierce! Such a lovely post of how you can wear this crop top in two ways. I also love your coat and boots in the first pic x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the studs hurttt! Thank you! X

      Delete
  3. lovely outfits! :) i especially love the coat and bag from the first one!
    http://evebaber.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. so perfect, i'm a big fan of crop tops and they fits great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crop tops and love both of the outfits! But didn't you freezing? haha
    kisses!

    Mónica <3
    lookatmonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yess haha it was so so cold!!

      Delete
  6. lovely outfits!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your white blazer!

    http://georginaclare.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I SO WANT YOUR BLAZER!
    You Look Great

    I would appreciate it if you take some time out and visit my blog
    www.stylesfrillsandheel.sblogspot.co.uk
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. both outfits are amazing!

    www.missysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great outfits, love the coat and blazer and they look fantastic with the crop top!!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sryle! Mind looking at my blog? :)
    http://cuero-head-to-toe.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! of course :) x

      Delete
  12. love how you've styled the crop! the coat in the first look is so nice
    following you now :)
    x
    yasmin
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I read/love/respond to all and any lovely comments! Thank you!!

ps I aways check out blogs and love finding new ones so feel free to leave yours/any recommendations :)

Rubie
XXX